Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New gear, with pics.  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Bryan

• MSF Instructor
  • Can you see me now?!
    • View Profile
New gear, with pics.
« on: September 19, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
The last couple of weeks or so, I've been updating my gear. I got new Tour Master hi-vis jacket to replace my old all black Icon. I also got a new Suomy Spec1R to replace my heavy Icon Domain 2. Today was the first real ride with the helmet and I like it. It's much lighter than the Icon, fits much better, but I have to say it is a little bit more noisy. But the weight difference makes up for it.

Also, my girl finally got a jacket. She doesn't ride with me much because of the ergos of the R6. (She's pushing me to get the VFR already.) This probably only about the third time she's been out this year. So between her new jacket and mine (she found out she can hold onto the waist belt rather than have to lean over me so much to hold on to my front), she (and I) had a great time on our little 3 hour ride.

Here's a couple of pics of the Suomy, and one of the two of us all geared up on the R6.

ctbandit

Re: New gear, with pics.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:36:27 PM »
Nice helmet man!  gear ftw

Offline Bryan

• MSF Instructor
  • Can you see me now?!
    • View Profile
Re: New gear, with pics.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »
Suomy makes some fine looking helmets. Mine is one of the few that doesn't have flowers! My next gear purchase will likely be a pair of riding pants. She still needs some boots, but she's getting there.