Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: wireless helmet speaker system...  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Ray

• "Tag Retiree"
  • Pit Crew
  • Rossi
    • View Profile
    • Email
wireless helmet speaker system...
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »
Want to listen to my ipod through decent helmet speakers, but want to do away with the wires.  Anybody have any preferences or suggestions? It's a PITA to get my helmet on with my earbuds in.
Vin

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
Re: wireless helmet speaker system...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »
Some of the helmet comunicators have inputs for an ipod, but I've never seen one that was wireless.
-Jay

Offline Ray

• "Tag Retiree"
  • Pit Crew
  • Rossi
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »
Some of the helmet comunicators have inputs for an ipod, but I've never seen one that was wireless.
Hmmm, so the search continues. I've seen some helmet speakers that plug into a bluetooth receiver that clips onto your helmet, but haven't found a bluetooth txmitter for my ipod yet.  I'm not looking for a communicator (crap, riding 2-up with Cheryl is one of the only times she's with me and not talking...only kidding honey, only kidding...Cheryl, put down that knife!), but just want a more comfortable way to listen to tunes.
What do you use, if anything, Jay?
Vin

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »
Ipod, but to aftermarket headphones.
Etymotic er6i or
Jerry Harvey JH5pro
-Jay

Offline Ray

• "Tag Retiree"
  • Pit Crew
  • Rossi
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:36 AM »
Ipod, but to aftermarket headphones.
Etymotic er6i or
Jerry Harvey JH5pro
I see the Etymotics are about 70 bucks, and they appear to have less sticking out of the ear, which is good.  I'm just using some 30 dollar Skullcandy ones, which are better than the stock Apple ones, but it's still a bitch to get the helmet on without them coming out of my ears.  I'll have to look into those, thanks.
Vin

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 10:54:15 AM »
I see the Etymotics are about 70 bucks, and they appear to have less sticking out of the ear, which is good.  I'm just using some 30 dollar Skullcandy ones, which are better than the stock Apple ones, but it's still a bitch to get the helmet on without them coming out of my ears.  I'll have to look into those, thanks.

The etys are great because they have some of the best noise isolation, and are pretty low profile. You still have to be careful with the helmet on and off, but once you get used to it, its not so bad.

The customs are the shit, though ;)
-Jay

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »
I should add I'm a music lover (I tend to avoid the term audiophile due to its negative connotations) and both of the pairs I use have pretty darn good sound quality, all things considered. My customs wipe the floor with the Ety's, but that is to be expected.
-Jay