Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Been a while...  (Read 352 times)

Offline Ray

• "Tag Retiree"
  • Pit Crew
  • Rossi
    • View Profile
    • Email
Been a while...
« on: May 01, 2019, 10:42:21 AM »
Been a while since I've been on CTRiders.  Moved to SWFL in 2010, had a few different rides since then--a Trump Rocket III, a Victory Kingpin, a Valkyrie Interstate,  2 Star Roadliners...my better half stopped riding this year, so I sold my '06 Roadliner and went for a bike I've been wanting for a while--a Speed Triple.  Picked up a 2000 955i S3 with just over 12k on it and I'm just about finished getting it all straight.  Needed a new tank (leaky original), fuel filter, dry break connectors, led signals with led flasher and diode mod (prev owner said he didn't like them, used hand signals!), pass pegs, sprockets and chain, front brake reservoir, etc.  Came with lots of good upgraded CF parts, a TORS high exhaust, belly pan, flyscreen, hub covers, tail cowl, Corbin seat, bar end mirrors and a few things I'm forgetting. All done except for oil change, coolant change and still waiting for the chain.  New tank came off a Daytona, exact match except I don't think they ever made S3s in silver. Original was black. I kind of like it and may never paint it black.
Looking forward to spending the summer up in CT and getting in on a ride or two with some of you fine folk.  Is the tag contest still happening?
Rubber side down!
Vin

Offline barrypz

• "Tag Master"
  • Global Moderator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Been a while...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:00:21 AM »
Been a while since there has been any tagging.
maybe the sky IS falling

Offline GuzziGerry

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »
Been a while since there has been any tagging.

Tagging?? I Totally forgot about that.

Gerry

p.s. i think I remember Ray.
Gerry Petrecca

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline Jeff

• Iron Butt
  • Pit Crew
  • Post Whore
  • Expert Agitator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GearHd6
    • View Profile
Been a while...
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
Good to hear from you Ray! I like the S3, I've still got my 98 Daytona. I don't ride it much because its just gotten too uncomfortable for me to ride especially when the Tiger is so comfy. Definitely not much tagging going on over here anymore.
-Jeff

2015 Triumph Tiger XCx
1998 Triumph Daytona T595
2004 Honda CRF250X

Offline Ray

• "Tag Retiree"
  • Pit Crew
  • Rossi
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 10:07:45 AM »
Good to hear from you Ray! I like the S3, I've still got my 98 Daytona. I don't ride it much because its just gotten too uncomfortable for me to ride especially when the Tiger is so comfy. Definitely not much tagging going on over here anymore.
Hi Jeff! I just yesterday got the thing up to snuff, lots of work and parts to do it, but happy with the results so far. I remember that it was mostly Barry and me that wound up playing the tag contest--me, mainly because I was mostly retired and had lots of time to do it. It really wasn't fair for people who work every day. But I had fun with it.
Now to really get a taste of the S3.  Here she is, all finished up (for now, not sure if I'm repainting the Daytona tank black):
Vin

Offline Jeff

• Iron Butt
  • Pit Crew
  • Post Whore
  • Expert Agitator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GearHd6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 04:13:17 PM »
Looks good Ray! I'm shocked you found a gas tank that hadn't swelled up so much you could actually get it to bolt up. I noticed over the years that my Daytona tank gets harder and harder to install. That ethanol fuel is a killer on those plastic tanks. Best of luck with it!

Oh, and hey, any plans on getting that new monster of a Rocket III? ;)
-Jeff

2015 Triumph Tiger XCx
1998 Triumph Daytona T595
2004 Honda CRF250X