Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: motorcycle tow options  (Read 263 times)

Offline DL98VFR

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
    • Email
motorcycle tow options
« on: August 06, 2018, 09:55:23 PM »
Hello to all!  Woke up to find a flat rear tire on my VFR  ::); called AMA to arrange transport but learned that my membership had lapsed because my debit card had expired so no coverage :-[ .  I asked the nice lady at AMA for a referral but she said all she'd do is google tow companies and I figured I could do the same.  So, I did, but got no positive replies cuz those who did don't tow bikes and those who didn't were closed.  If anyone could recommend (or not!) a reliable and experienced motorcycle tow/flatbed company I would greatly appreciate any feedback.  Had a couple rotten experiences years ago with inexperienced  towers, do not want to go through that again.  Bike is in Bolton CT and needs to go to Vernon CT.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance. 

Offline Jeff

• Iron Butt
  • Pit Crew
  • Post Whore
  • Expert Agitator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GearHd6
    • View Profile
motorcycle tow options
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:06:13 AM »
I recommend renewing that AMA, I've had good luck with it for bikes and cars. Sometimes you just get reimbursed but they've always been good. Other than that I'd call any local tow service that has a flatbed during business hours.

-Jeff

2015 Triumph Tiger XCx
1998 Triumph Daytona T595
2004 Honda CRF250X

Offline oilhed

• MSF Instructor
    • View Profile
Re: motorcycle tow options
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »
I'd come get you with my pick-up & ramps but I'm kinda busy this week, sorry
MarkF
aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT

Offline GuzziGerry

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:10:16 PM »

I have motorcycle towing thru AAA as an addition for the coverage for both cars.  Give them a call if you have coverage for your car.
Gerry Petrecca

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline Jeff

• Iron Butt
  • Pit Crew
  • Post Whore
  • Expert Agitator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GearHd6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »
I've heard of problems with AAA when you're in a state or region that doesn't offer motorcycle services as part of their plan. That's why I like AMA and it's cheap with auto renewal.
-Jeff

2015 Triumph Tiger XCx
1998 Triumph Daytona T595
2004 Honda CRF250X

Offline GuzziGerry

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 05:30:33 AM »
I've heard of problems with AAA when you're in a state or region that doesn't offer motorcycle services as part of their plan. That's why I like AMA and it's cheap with auto renewal.

I have both just to cover my butt.  Also have limited towing via moto insurance.

Gerry
Gerry Petrecca

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone