Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HD CB/Intercom control help  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Medic One

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
HD CB/Intercom control help
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »
Taking 1st multi day trip with wife and  plan to use the CB and Intercom both at the same time on my 2011 Electra Glide Ultra.
We have only used intercom and never the CB. I read manual and can't find answer I am looking for.

My questions are:

1. With CB on and Intercom on if we use the PTT buttons it will transmit on CB correct?

2. Will intercom VOX transmit on CB if CB and Intercom is on or is the VOX just for our private chat.

The manual does not explain that too well.

...Thanks Mike & Lisa

Michael "Medic One"
Paramedic/FF
NorthEast, USA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline barrypz

• "Tag Master"
  • Global Moderator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
Re: HD CB/Intercom control help
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
We use the SENA sets (those of us with intercoms).  The SENA is tiered, if you set it up for phone, GPS and intercom, it will prioritize so that the phone will work with highest priority, the GPS next, the intercom last.  Music player is in there somewhere too, but I do not do music when riding.
The SENA does let you select just one source by tapping the jog dial.  They claim it will switch (for example) from 4 way chat to one-on-one.  I would not trust that feature, or the change from CB to intercom enough to say anything compromising.   

...and welcome to the site!!  We are friendly, in spite of all appearances to the contrary.
maybe the sky IS falling

Offline Medic One

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
Thanks for the info...I'll have to look into the Senna system but hope to get answer about the VOX vs PTT for CB/Intercom. 

Thanks for the welcome looks like a great forum..

Michael "Medic One"
Paramedic/FF
NorthEast, USA

Offline Medic One

• Baby Squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:21:05 AM »
Found my answer via the net should anyone also need the info here it is.

1) When both the cb and intercom are on when you push the PTT your conversation will transmit on the cb channel. The good thing is the cb channel does not have a long range, and if you are on channel 1 not much traffic there. I just did 4500 miles, had both on and no issues. When we got into Sturgis where there were a lot of other bikes I had bleed over, but not much.

2) When you do not push the PTT and the VOX activates to open the channel you will not transmit onto the cb. It's a private conversation.

Michael "Medic One"
Paramedic/FF
NorthEast, USA

Offline jerrythi

• Don't Mess with Texas!!
  • Administrator
  • I post a lot
  • 2011 Concours 14 2001 DRZ 400E
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HD CB/Intercom control help