Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Helmets  (Read 2574 times)

CTBumpkin

Helmets
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »
Here's something that, as someone who wears his helmet religiously, I never thought about.  A cruiser went by me today doing about 85 and I swear his cheeks were flapping in the breeze like an astronaut in training on a rocket sled or centrifuge.  One would think that after a few thousand miles of that you'd look like that Droopy Dog cartoon character.   :D

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
Re: Helmets
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
those cruisers out without helmets on these cool days are nuts.
-Jay

CTBumpkin

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »
I agree, though some of my best friends are cruisers.   ;)

Lethal_Threat

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 04:51:18 PM »
My bike basically falls in with the cruisers, but I always wear a helmet.  I rode without a helmet once, and will not do it again.  It just didn't feel right.

Offline Jeff

• Iron Butt
  • Pit Crew
  • Post Whore
  • Expert Agitator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GearHd6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »
I wear a helmet everytime I ride. Every morning before I head out I need to clean the bugs off my shield, I can only imagine how that would be with no helmet. No thanks.
-Jeff

2015 Triumph Tiger XCx
1998 Triumph Daytona T595
2004 Honda CRF250X

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 07:22:57 AM »
I wear a helmet everytime I ride. Every morning before I head out I need to clean the bugs off my shield, I can only imagine how that would be with no helmet. No thanks.
I got nailed in teh face by a good golfball sized rock a few weeks ago. It took a chip out of my Shoei shield. I can't imagine taking that to the face without a helmet on.
-Jay

BoxDude

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 08:02:33 AM »
A guy I work with got nailed in the face by a bird a few weeks ago.  I don't remember the whole story but I think that was the one time he DIDN'T wear a helmet, haha.  I've been pegged with numerous pebbles and rocks kicked up from vehicles ahead.  Couldn't imagine riding without a lid, especially on these colder mornings where even cracking the visor makes it near-impossible to breath.

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:17:53 AM »
A guy I work with got nailed in the face by a bird a few weeks ago.  I don't remember the whole story but I think that was the one time he DIDN'T wear a helmet, haha.  I've been pegged with numerous pebbles and rocks kicked up from vehicles ahead.  Couldn't imagine riding without a lid, especially on these colder mornings where even cracking the visor makes it near-impossible to breath.
Now try the highway in the morning ;)
-Jay

CTBumpkin

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:50:55 AM »
I probably would have always been a hemet-wearer anyway, but I crashed in the fog in high school.  It was not a full-face helmet, so I got a pretty good scrape on my chin, but the face shield is the only reason I have any face at all.  The only time I ever don't wear a helmet and boots is when I've just washed it and am driving down to the end of the driveway to turn around and put it away.

Offline Jay

• mmm...beer
  • Administrator
  • Post Whore
    • View Profile
    • jayt.org
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
The only time I ever don't wear a helmet and boots is when I've just washed it and am driving down to the end of the driveway to turn around and put it away.
Squid :D
-Jay

CTBumpkin

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
Touche.  Only my neighbors know.

Mr.P

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »
Hey JB,Try driving home at 1:30am from hartford to southington :o.  Also my helmet is a Scorpion EXO 700.Now just need to get some music in my ears ::)

Mr.P